Aim of study
The risk of civilizational and natural catastrophes keeps growing in our age. This fact has the consequence that social problems hitting individual people are worsening both in space and in time and in quality.
There are always people in the society ~~> depending on site and time who, due to circumstances or their own properties, are unable to meet the expectations of the society. They live and suffer in lack of safety and in captivity of risk. Therefore they need help.
Environmental safety work must be carried out following, applying and critically evaluating exact, scientifically established professional rules. Laws, rules, systems of risk and safety must be known. Risk originating from environmental effects as well as objective professional processes and techniques, scientifically elaborated for the judgment of desirable and undesirable consequences of measures concerning safety must equally be known. Paradigm, i.e. the intuitional model, system of the profession must also be known.
Our College, with the education on the Course of Environmental Studies, wants to teach experts who have up-to-date knowledge and are able to integrate the results of natural and human sciences in their practical work. On the basis of this grounding they will contribute to the efficient solution of practical, planning, analyzing, problem exposing, decision supporting, controlling, researching and teaching tasks in connection with environment protection, sustainable development, sustainable safety, environmental conflict handling, that is environmental safety, furthermore to the modern and well-established handling of environmental problems appearing on the most different areas.
The aim of environment safety education is a training which prepares for creative planning and operative work resting on a uniform, up-to-date environmental attitude as well as on high-level social knowledge and practice, clarifying and qualifying for the special tasks of the professional fields. The graduated experts participate both directly and indirectly in the exploration and handling of social problems and in their co-ordination with environment safety tasks, i.e. they contribute to the improvement of the social and environmental condition, safety feeling, safety awareness of the population, furthermore to the more efficient preservation, protection, development of natural values, to human and environmental rehabilitation; moreover, to the realization of a rational environment management resting on the world of ideas of sustainable safety, considering social elements as well.
- Required number of credit points 180
- System of knowledge checking
- The system of knowledge checking includes partly independent, partly interdependent end-of- term signatures, grades for practice lessons, examinations, comprehensive examinations, degree thesis and final examination, prescribed in the curriculum
- Thesis: The training requires preparation of a thesis connected to the study material.
- The thesis is evaluated by the consulting teacher as well as the opponent. The required number of one-to-one consultations is 15.
- Final examination
- the completion of the prescribed requirements,
- the handing in of the assessments for practice lessons and case-work, the preparation, and acceptance of the thesis; The main subjects of the comprehensive final examination are: Disaster Management Skills, Applied Enviromental Safety Skills, Fundamentals of Enviromenal Safety Law and Administration
- Required professional practice, credit value
A principally laboratory class partly in course of classroom staff conduct practice, partly in external specialized institutes as well as field work guided by a teaching-leading instructor.