The John Wesley Theological College (headquarters: 1086 Budapest, Dankó u. 11., OM identification number: FI62930), hereinafter referred to as “WJLF” as Controller, respects your rights to your personal data handles them with maximal carefulness to comply with data protection regulations.
The objective of the current text is providing information on how WJLF handles the obtained personal data and how you the data provider make the Controller modify or delete them.
WJLF’s Data Processing Principles
Personal data shall be processed lawfully and in a transparent manner, ensuring that the personal data concerning natural persons are processed in a fair manner.
Personal data may be processed only for specific and explicit lawful purposes where necessary for the exercising of certain rights and fulfilment of obligations. The purpose of processing must be satisfied in all stages of data processing operations; recording of personal data shall be done under the principle of lawfulness and fairness.
The personal data processed must be essential for the purpose of processing and it must be suitable to achieve that purpose. Personal data may be processed to the extent and for the duration necessary to achieve its purpose.
The Controller ensures that the data are accurate and up to date and that any inaccurate personal data are rectified.
The Controller shall process personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Acceptance of Data Management
By filling in any kind of WJLF official forms containing personal data, the data provider accepts that his/her personal data will be handled by WJLF for the purposes described in the Data Management Regulation, until withdrawal.
WJLF handles personal information confidentially and takes all security, technical, and organizational measures that guarantee the security of these data. WFJLF’s data management principles are in line with current data protection laws, and in particular:
- CXII. Act on Information Self-Determination and Freedom of Information (Info);
Aims of Data Management
By filling in any kind of WJLF official forms containing personal data, the data provider consents voluntarily and explicitly in the followings:
- to participate in WJLF events with these data
- to be informed on WJLF events programs
- to be recipient of WJLF’s newsletters.
Scope of Data Management
WJLF handles and processes the following personal data:
- Given name,
- Date of birth,
- ID number,
- Permanent address,
- Notification address
- Data on skills and education
- Phone number,
- E-mail address.
The legal basis for data management
- CXII of 2011 on Information Self-Determination and Freedom of Information;
- Act VI of 1998 on the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data, Strasbourg, 28 January 1981;
- and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Regulation (EC) No 95/46 ( General Data Protection Regulation)
Transmission of Personal Data
Unless provided for otherwise by relevant legislation, personal data shall not be disclosed to third parties or authorities only on the basis of an official decision or with the User’s prior, express consent. The Controller is authorised and obligated to transfer all Personal Data lawfully stored and available to it to the competent authorities if it is obligated by law or a final official decision to transfer such Personal Data. The Controller may not be held liable for such data transfer and the consequences arising therefrom.The data provider has the right to access, correct, update and delete your personal data handled by the Data Controllers. Please note that Data Controllers provide information on your personal information only after you have verified your identity.
Should you wish to access, modify, update or erase your personal data handled and stored by WJLF, you may contact us on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right to obtain information on the handled personal data
The data provider has right to request information from the Controller as follows:
- the personal data it processes,
- the legal grounds for processing, and
- the purpose, sources and duration of processing,
- the persons with access to the handled data,
The Controller shall fulfil such request within 30 days at latest.
Right for Rectification
After the written request of the data provider the Controller rectifies the concerning personal data (e.g. you can change your email or mailing address at any time). The Controller shall fulfil such request within 15 days at latest and shall inform the client on it.
Right to Erasure
After the written request of the data provider the Controller rectifies the concerning personal data. The Controller shall deny the request for erasure if WJLF is bound by law or an internal regulation to continue storing the personal data in question. Such may be the case where the time limit specified by internal regulations pertaining to archiving has not yet expired. However, if there is no such obligation, The Controller shall fulfil such request within 15 days at latest and shall inform the client on it.
Right for Blocking
After the written request of the data provider the Controller block your personal data. Such block shall remain in effect for the term for which storage is required according to the reason you provided. The Controller shall fulfil such request within 15 days at latest and shall inform the client on it.
Right to Protest
After the written request the data provider you may protest against the processing of the concerning personal data. The Controller shall fulfil such request within 15 days at latest and shall inform the client on it.
Cookies and Data Monitoring
In case of suspect of unlawful management of personal data the data provider may initiate an appeal procedure at the bodies as follows:
- Deliver your complain directly to WJLF on e-mail, letter on personal appearance
- Official notification shall be delivered to the National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (naih.hu; 1530 Budapest, Pf.: 5.; 1125 Budapest, Szilágyi Erzsébetfasor 22/c., phone: +36-1-391-1400; fax: +36-1-391-1410; email: email@example.com)
- You may launch a civil action against the Controller at the regional court